Overall summary – Both Week 2 and Week 3 started off well (eating decently and working out), but then fell apart as the week went on, which is similar to how Week 1 went.
Healthy eating – Same problems as during Week 1, in that I am struggling with eating well when out with friends and avoiding the concession stand at work. I think I am doing a bit better with eating well when out with friends, but I need to get better about not eating unhealthy snacks at work. I think I just need to make sure I pack a variety of snacks to choose from and not bring any cash with me, as well as stay hydrated so I don’t mistake thirst for hunger.
Exercise – I didn’t exercise as much as I wanted to, but I did do some activities other than just walking the dogs, which is good.
Attitude – Similar struggles to Week 1. I tweeted this on Thursday: “It boils down to a lack of discipline. I need to push myself. Not for perfection, but for my best effort. I am only hurting myself.” I used to be such a perfectionist, and I still am, in many regards. But I am also aware of my perfectionist tendencies and how they worsen my anxiety, so I often try to resist pushing myself too hard. I have especially done this with getting in shape because I didn’t want to develop any other negative eating or fitness issues. I think I’ve taken it too far to the other extreme of not being disciplined and motivated, though. I need to be mega-determined again, just more forgiving and encouraging to myself when I slip up rather than negative and harsh.
Goals for Week 4 – I have a few goals for Week 4: (1) Track my food every day using My Fitness Pal. (2) Walk the dogs every day. (3) Use habitforge to help me achieve 1 & 2. (4) Work out at least 3 times using 30 Day Shred or Nike Training Club.
Other Notes – I’ve decided to work toward a sort of prize. Every day I track my food, I set aside a dollar. Every time I walk the dogs, I set aside a dollar. Every time I work out, I set aside a dollar. Eventually, over the course of a month or two, I will have enough money for this. I plan to have it engraved with some sort of phrase or quote that reminds me what determination and hard work can achieve. So, not only will I have enough money for a pretty and inspiring piece of every day jewelry, but I will have formed strong new habits.
Anyone have tips for how to handle slip ups without being too hard on yourself?
Tree at the Ohio State Fair, August 2009 (edited)
Well, this has been an interesting week! Monday off due to a national holiday, Tuesday the first day of student teaching, Wednesday an amazing snow day, Thursday a terrible horrible no good very bad day, and today T.G.I.F. How has your week been? What do you have going on this weekend? I’ll be working, planning various things, spending time with my boyfriend and friends, and hopefully cooking or baking a new recipe. In the meantime, weekly gems!
- Amazing, amazing Valentine’s Day crossword cookie and cake box. Like a work of art.
- This post & idea makes me incredibly happy : )
- Love this clever and beautiful constellation chart!
- A true and funny little picture.
- Beautiful, beautiful Iron & Wine live performance. I seriously can’t stop listening.
- Not sure how I feel about Starbuck’s new Trenta size.
- I have some new movies to add to my Netflix queue thanks to Matchbook‘s slideshow.
- Speaking of movies, love Glamour’s list of the most inspiring movie couples.
- And Disney’s Mickey illustration.
- Awesome closet.
- Totally adding one of these bracelets to my wish list.
- These Valentine’s Day cards are adorable.
Hi, everyone : ) I hope your weekend is treating you well so far! I’m sorry again for the scattered nature of posts the past couple weeks. Thanks for sticking with me! Things should get back on track starting Monday. For now…weekly gems on a Saturday!
- Love everything for Mrs. Winter Wondress.
- Excited to try this recipe sometime soon. Red velvet anything = love.
- So inspired by & happy with this quote.
- I really want to read this book, written from the perspective of Marilyn Monroe’s dog. Have you heard anything about it?
- This post about being a good friend makes you think…and gave me some nice reminders.
- These Grinch cupcakes are adorable – love the heart on the inside!
- Aren’t these earrings gorgeous? And this ring?
- An inspiring and positive post from Jess.
- Awesome gingerbread houses! (via Design Crush)
- Favorite weddings as of late: one, two, & three.
What are your favorite web finds from this week?